Malmoe University, Sweden
Learning and Teaching in Multicultural Schools. The aim of the course is to prepare student teachers for their professional task of teaching within the context of diversity in pre-schools and schools. The course is organized around different themes, and includes both theoretical studies and school experiences:
* Personal and professional self-awareness
* Comparative studies of educational systems
* Strategies and methods for teaching/learning in multiethnic and multilingual settings
* Language and concept development
* Migration and national and minority group identity
* World philosophies, religions, ideologies, and value systems in the Swedish classroom.