National Taiwan University (NTU), Taipei. The number 17 employer best-rated university education in Asia for employment and the degree likely to boost your future career. The first president was Dr Shidehara Tan Tairaka Hiroshi. When Taihoku University was first established, it had two colleges: the College of Liberal Arts and Law, and the College of Science and Agriculture, and had a combined total of 60 students. The College of Medicine and the College of Engineering were added in 1936 and 1943 respectively. The College of Science and Agriculture was also divided into two colleges in 1943: the college of Science, and the College of Agriculture. The College of Agriculture was divided into three sections: the College of Agriculture and Forestry, the College of Medicine, and the Graduate Institute of Tropical Medicine.
During the Taihoku Imperial University period, every college consisted of “lectures”, which were conducted by a professor and included assistant professors, assistants, instructors and office employees. In 1945, the five colleges had 114 lectures with 382 students. The College of Liberal Arts and Law had 25 lectures, the College of Medicine had 24, the College of Science had 13, the College of Agriculture had 22, and the College of Engineering had 30. After World War II and Taiwan’s retrocession to Chinese Sovereignty, the R.O.C. the government resumed the administration of Taihoku University and reorganized and renamed.